Veritee' s Learning Journal - Ultraversity

This is my learning journal for the three years of the BA (Hon) degree in Learning, Technology and Research

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Gone Audio


If anyone ever reads this journal they will realize that nothing has been added since the 6th July

This is because situating my learning Journal on a public blog was not fulfilling my needs with regarding keeping a learning journal.

I needed a place where I could reflect in private and a place where I could sound off without anyone reading what I put and becoming offended because they were reading it out of context. ( as happened with anion's comment in an earlier entry)

In the main my learning journal is about my own progress and process through this course and it is not appropriate that others have access to it - yet at the same time there are occasionally items and point that I might want to air on a public area.

I spoke in the Ultraversity Google Group and on chats in first class with researchers from other Cohorts see Ultrastudents Google Group about what their experience of keeping a learning journal had been and I also spoke with those from my own Cohort.

It seemed that others had felt the need to have two or more Learning Journals just as I was discovering I had the need to have both a public and a 'private' Learning Journal.

After much consideration of this my solution was to go Audio, and keep an audio diary.

I did consider a video diary but even I do not want to see my image - all I am interested in in terms of my Learning Journal are the words and the ideas, so having video images of my speaking these words and ideas would distract from the words and ideas.

Therefore I decided to keep an audio dairy.
To this end I decided to use an old mini disc recorder I had not used for some years to record my Learning Journal to mini disk.

Because if it was archived on mini disk this would mean that if I have any points I want to use for modules or in this public journal I can extract as I wished. This seemed therefore to be the best solution.
Unfortunately it appears that I can not upload audio to this blog as yet.I am certain this technology will come but for the moment if I need to share parts of my audio Learning Journal on here I will have to do it in the form of transcripts of my audio recordings.

A related link for you to view

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home